We provide an independent acoustic calibration service. Providing both UKAS accredited and traceable sound level meter calibration, as well as calibration of sound calibrators, microphones and tapping machines.
Our service is tailored towards the calibration needs of acoustic consultancies local authorities, construction, product design and other acoustic-related industries. We have also designed a specific calibration service for those carrying out pre-completion testing to The Building Regulations 2010 – Approved Document E ‘Resistance to the Passage of Sound’.
UKAS Calibration Services
Many of our acoustic calibrations are accredited by external UKAS auditors to confirm our procedures meet the requirements of ‘BS EN ISO 17025:2017 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’.
Opting for a UKAS accredited laboratory provides security in the laboratory’s competence, reliability and adherence to best practice. Using an accredited laboratory also supports your due diligence in the event of legal action.
We currently offer the following acoustic calibrations with UKAS accreditation (UKAS accredited Calibration Laboratory No. 0801).
Sound Level Meter Calibration
- Sound Level Meters to BS EN 61672-3:2006 or BS 7580:Part 1:1997
- Third Octave / Octave Filters manufactured to BS EN 61260:1996
- Reverberation Time
- Pre-Completion Testing package for those making measurements to The Building Regulations 2010 – Approved Document E (includes sound level meter calibration, Reverberation Time and third octave filter calibration for a reduced price)
- Sound Calibrators and pistonphones
- Tapping Machines to BS ISO 140 Part 7: 1998, BS EN ISO 10140-5:2010+A1:2014 and BS EN ISO 16283-2:2015
- Microphone calibration (sensitivity)
Details of our current UKAS Scope of Accreditation.
If you do not require full UKAS accreditation, you can choose to have your instrumentation calibrated traceable to national standards. In addition to all the items above we can carry out traceable calibrations/tests of:
- Microphone frequency response
- Calibration of Reference Sound Sources to BS EN 6926: 2016
- Sound source qualification to BS EN ISO 140-4:1998 and BS EN ISO 16283-1: 2014 for loudspeakers and dodecahedrons
- Signal generators
As an independent laboratory not tied to any instrument manufacturers, we support instrumentation from all manufacturers including:
- Bruel & Kjaer
We minimise the inconvenience caused by equipment downtime by providing:
- Fast turnaround times to minimise equipment down time
- Free microphone calibrations with sound level meter verifications and free microphone check and advice service if a microphone is suspected damaged between calibrations
- Collection and/or return delivery of equipment to suit your schedules
- Competitive prices and discounts for volume
- Bespoke testing and calibrations to meet your requirements
t: +44 (0)161 295 3030
t: +44 (0)161 295 3319